This course teaches you all the basics of building, running and marketing websites using WordPress, the world’s leading website solution. In one day, you will build your own stunning website, which we will host free for one year. The course runs from 9.30am to 4pm and is limited to 10 places.
About the course
We cover everything from WordPress installation and set up to all the most useful features and tools WordPress offers. You get a brand new site to work on through the day, which you will practice on and make your own. You will apply an attractive design, make the site search engine friendly and add all the features and functionality you need to further develop and run the site yourself.
How the course works
- Please bring your own laptop with WiFi. Wireless broadband is provided.
- WordPress is incredibly easy to pick up and you will be free to go at your own pace throughout the day. All training materials will be provided after the course, so there need be no fear of “falling behind”.
- This is an intensive course and assumes a decent working knowledge of using computers and the internet, even if you have little or no prior knowledge of WordPress or with ADR Training and CPC Training
- Arrive from 9.30am for tea and coffee ready for a start at 9.45. We will cover all the basics of WordPress and have your own site up and running before lunch!
- After a break for lunch, we’ll go through everything WordPress can do in more detail. You will learn how to control the structure, look and feel, add essential features, forms, track visitors, get ranked well on search engines, take easy PayPal payments on the site and much much more.
- The course ends at 5pm
- You will be invited to stay around for further discussion about your website and about your business.
- After the course, you will be sent all the course materials and clear instructions for setting up your site on its own domain name (old or new). You will have a year of free hosting. See more details on our great value WordPress hosting here.
- 9.30am – Arrive for tea, coffee and registration.
- 9.45am – Introduction and informal discussion while everyone sets up their laptops and gets online.
- 10 am – Course begins
- 1pm – Break for lunch (please note lunch is not included, but a specially discounted lunch menu is available)
- 1.45pm – Course resumes
- 5pm – Course ends.